English Apple & Pear Delish Mocktail
Following my Christmas mocktails we are now in Springtime, but I have created this is beautiful drink for both now and Summer, with it being easy to make numerous variations and twists on it as well.
For example, if you’re not a big Ginger fan then just leave it out and increase the apple juice and / or use a full pear. My wife and I both enjoy this refreshing drink at anytime of year and I made a couple yesterday after we had spent some time in the garden. We sat back and admired our work… a Perfect Mocktail!
Get your stuff (technical term)
150ml Ginger Ale
500ml Apple juice (pressed and cloudy is best)
1 Soft (ish) ripe pear
Juice from 1 lemon
2 tsp Clear honey
Small slice of Ginger – Depending on how fiery you like it
Fresh Mint for Garnish
- Cut the pear in half, peel and remove the core
- Put the pear half in a blender with the apple juice, lemon juice, honey and the fresh ginger and blitz until nice and smooth
- Put as much ice as you like in 2 lovely glasses, and using a sieve to keep back any of the pulp stuff, divide it between them
- Slice the remaining pear half and add some to the glasses, give it a stir
- Finally, top up with ginger ale, a slice of lemon and the mint
- …… and enjoy!
All the best…. Darren